Education and Parenting Resource Links
National PTA Information
Education Resources for North Dakota
- Action for Healthy Kids - Learn how to help your child and the children in your community become more healthy.
- ADD Resources - This site has many articles and resources about ADD & ADHD, although some of the site requires a membership purchase.
- Child & Family WebGuide - Websites regarding children and families are rated and organized so they are easy to find and trust.
- Edutopia - Parent involvement articles and resources from the George Lucas Educational Foundation (GLEF), a nonprofit operating foundation that documents and disseminates information about exemplary programs in K-12 schools to help these practices spread nationwide.
- FCC Parents' Place - This website, created by the Federal Communications Commission, has an array of information to help parents deal with, decipher, and monitor the communications that their children can access.
- National Coalition for Parent Involvement in Education - NCPIE has many resources to help with everything from parenting as a grandparent to supporting at risk families with parenting issues.
- Know the Signs - Suicide is a difficult topic to tackle with your children. This website offers simple ideas to help you recognize warning signs as well as offering tips on how to recognize someone in distress.
- Baby Brain Map - This map shows which parts of a child's brain are developing at any age 0 to 3. It also gives information about how you can stimulate the best growth during this time.
- Science Museum of Minnesota - For a fun and educational time in Minneapolis don't miss out on our nearest science museum. The website offers educational activities that can be done at home as well.
- Heritage Center - Find out about our North Dakota heritage with interactive displays. Information and downloads are available.
- Fargo Park District - Find out about the many offerings in Fargo-Moorhead area. Many activities for families and children are free or low cost.
- West Fargo Park District - Find out about the many offerings in west Fargo-Fargo-Moorhead area. Many activities for families and children are free or low cost.
- Minot Park District - Find out about the many offerings available for families in the Minot area. Many are free or low cost.